Malware is malicious software that's used to access your systems, steal data and financial or sensitive business information. Malware can be installed unknowingly by simply opening an infected email, clicking bad links or can be downloaded with online software. Check out the video here.
How can your business be affected?
Malware can affect your business in a number of ways, such as;
- Disabling services and attacking your company's websites
- Gaining access to confidential and sensitive business data
- Stealing your data and personal information about your business, customers and employees
- Leaves your systems vulnerable to other attacks
Steps you can take to be protected
- Don't open attachments or links in emails from people you don't know or that look suspicious
- Educate your staff on how to recognise phishing emails and how to browse online responsibly
- Keep your software, anti-virus, firewall and anti-spyware up to date and scan regularly