What's employee negligence?
Employee negligence happens when an employee doesn't take proper care, for example opening emails that contain phishing attacks, using virus-infected USBs or having weak passwords that invite cyber criminals into your business.
How can it affect your business?
- Hurt your businesses brand or reputation
- Interrupt business as usual while the issue is being sorted
- Your customers' data could become compromised
- Your business critical information could be compromised or deleted
Tips to protect your business
- Limit admin user access so only the people who need it have it
- Enforce strong password polices, especially on mobile devices
- Create a checklist of best cyber security practices (or use ours!)
- Train your employees on how to spot a cyber attack and what to do about it
- Have a response plan in place