Entries are open for the 2019 NZI Rural Women NZ Business Awards.
NZI are proud to again be the Premier Partner of the NZI Rural Women NZ Business Awards 2019 which recognise and celebrate business excellence in rural communities.
“The NZI Rural Women NZ Business Awards are going from strength to strength. Following the success of 2018, we’ve refined the awards and introduced two exciting new categories, focusing on rural health and food & beverage,” says Jon Watson, National Manager – Rural Broker Business for NZI. “We would also love to see a greater representation from the South Island. We know there are many innovative and inspiring businesses on the Mainland, and we’re hoping to see them showcased this year.”
The categories for the NZI Rural Women New Zealand Business Awards 2019 are:
- Emerging business: Awarded to a business starting out in its journey and achieving exceptional results. Open to businesses that have been running from 2 – 5 years.
- Love of the Land: Harnessing the potential of New Zealand’s land, environment, or products of the land to create a successful business enterprise.
- Creative Arts: A business specialising in the creative arts working in a rural environment or using rural materials.
- Innovation: An enterprise that challenges the status quo to bring something new and innovative to the market or utilising rural resources in an innovative way.
- Rural Champion: A person or business who champions the rural sector or a rural enterprise – an outstanding contributor who goes above and beyond the normal in their support rural enterprise. Open to anybody.
- *NEW* Rural Health & Wellness: Recognising a business that makes an outstanding contribution to supporting the health and wellness of our rural communities in New Zealand.
- *NEW* Bountiful Table: A rural business that embraces diverse and unique natural resources to deliver exceptional food and/or beverage.
From the Category Finalists, a Supreme Winner will be chosen.
Watson is again looking forward to being part of the awards celebration, noting that RWNZ and NZI (along with parent company IAG) share similar values of community and enterprise.
“Rural Women New Zealand are progressive and involved in important social and environmental issues. They provide support for rural women, families and communities - that you often don’t hear about. Their purpose aligns to IAG’s - to make the world a safer place - so there is great synergy and sponsoring the Awards is a way we can recognise great work.”
Entries for the first stage close on 31 July 2019 – so be sure to get in now with your entry or to nominate any amazing women. Businesses which enter the awards have a great opportunity to showcase themselves and attract media coverage and promotional prospects. Winners also receive a year of membership with Rural Women New Zealand, prize money and a trophy.
Check out more about last year’s Supreme Award Winner Marie Taylor and her inspiring story with Plant Hawkes Bay.
To enter the awards and for more information, see https://ruralwomennz.nz/home/nzi-rural-women-new-zealand-business-awards/