Why choose NZI?
We provide nearly 300,000 customers across New Zealand with the confidence to take risks, grow and be successful. Whether large or small, simple or complex, our range of comprehensive solutions will fit your individual business needs.
As an intermediated insurer, we work with our broker partners to give our personal and business customers specialist knowledge and expertise. We believe in the value of their advice, and they believe in our ability to provide the right cover, and to be there if you make a claim.
NZI is part of the IAG group, one of Australasia’s largest insurers, ensuring we will be there for you – now and into the future.
Check out our range of products
How to get covered
Talk to your broker
Talk to your broker about insurance with NZI. If you don’t already have a broker, check out our broker tool to find one of our expert brokers in your area.
Wild Weather Tracker
Read IAG and NZI's Wild Weather Tracker which analyses insurance claims data, to help prepare and protect you and your business from wild weather.
Cover for compulsory evacuation
Being required to evacuate your home by an authority in an emergency is stressful, and alternative accommodation during this time can be costly. So, from 1 October 2021, we’re helping cover the cost of alternative accommodation while it is unsafe for you and your family to be in your home, up to the limits outlined in your policy:
- if you’re required to evacuate your principal residence by a local authority or government agency (like a council, Civil Defence, NZ Police or Fire and Emergency NZ)
- because your property is at risk of damage, from an event that would be covered under your policy, and
- where you have an Alternative Accommodation benefit.
Find out more about cover for alternative accommodation costs.
Loss of Rent cover in a compulsory evacuation
From 1 October 2021, where you have a Loss of Rent benefit under your Landlord’s cover policy, this benefit will also provide cover:
- if the property is temporarily vacant (it is habitable and undamaged and ready to be tenanted), and
- where you are unable to get new tenants because an official evacuation order is in place, and
- where we can reasonably expect that your property is at risk of damage, from an event that would be covered by your policy.
Find out what compulsory evacuation means for your Loss of Rent cover.
COVID-19 cyber threats: 10 tips to protect your business online
You're in safe hands with us
Very strong financial strength rating
We’ve got an AA- financial strength rating, which is your reassurance we’ve got a “very strong” claims paying ability and will be there for you should you need us.